U. mishandled sexual assault case, victim says
Alleged perpretrator received one-year suspension, will join victim on campus in fall
By Katherine Lamb
The summer after her first semester as a transfer student, Lena Sclove ’15.5 was strangled and raped by another Brown student, she said at a press conference Tuesday….
Sebastian Stan at Jane Eyre New York Premiere 3/9/2011
"He was always very doting with my sisters. But he’d punish me for everything— like being a little late for curfew, or not doing my homework. If I did anything wrong, he’d make me stay in all weekend. If I tried to explain myself, I’d get in more trouble. He hated excuses. I resented him at the time, but right before he died, he told me that he was harder on me because he knew I had so much potential. And it worked, I guess. Because now I’m a boss, and I hate excuses."
making HONEST ANTAGONISTS who believe they’re in the right and firmly believe in what they’re doing is SO MUCH MORE INTERESTING than making them “crazy” because of some outside influence. make villains who believe they are the protagonists
Copyright in the News: April 23
Copyright in the News: April 23, 2014
- Quentin Tarantino lost his lawsuit against Gawker, in which he claimed that the blogging org “crossed the journalistic line by promoting itself to the public as the first source to read the entire screenplay illegally.”
- China is creating a court that will exclusively handle intellectual property disputes, speculated to be set up in Guangdong.
- This is a fantastic post from Mike Masnick over at TechDirt about how the entertainment industry is less about protecting copyright and more about protecting their outdated business models.
- Christine Fruin talks about the Impact of Copyright on the Resource Sharing Practice of ASERL Libraries.
- Yesterday the Supreme Court heard oral arguments on the case against Aero, a streaming service that pulls content from over-the-air broadcast television.
i’m so excited for Inquisition!!!!!!!!
i think hes ridiculous like just as an idea, but we don’t really know him as a char. i like him bc he’s daenerys’ idol and goal but he’s also skeevy because theres the implication that he kidnapped lyanna so she could bear him a prophecy child, AND
we don’t know if it was a forced abduction or whether lyanna agreed to go with him; either way she was around 15-16 at the time so its still like ??
interesting, thank you! i saw white-haired pretty boy and saw on the wiki that he was bookish and my heart fluttered, but the events that transpired with Lyanna are definitely creepy from… well, from any perspective, but especially so for someone with no other context (like I wasn’t sure if there was an implication that she ran of with him willingly or s/t)
Kat what’s the fandom consensus on Rhaegar